Businesses of all sizes have competition. The sales people have to face stiff competition day in and day out. They have to counter the competition to win deals and acquire clients. What are the various things that a Sales person can do or should do during the Sales Process to differentiate themselves from the competition ? How can the sales people stand out from their competition and win deals ?
- Provide Value to your prospects.
- Don’t sell on Price.
- Build good rapport with your prospects. Develop friendship with them. They are not machines to print your purchase orders.
- Understand your prospects.
- Don’t take advantage in any situation.
- Understand their pain points.
- Look at their situation from their perspective.
- Think that there exists a solution for their problems and then go find it.
- If you can help them resolve their problems, deal is yours.
- Carry yourself well through out the sales process.
- Be Professional.
- Small things matter a lot. So pay attention to small things.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be a team player.
- Be interesting.
- Sound positive always.
- Have a grasp of current affairs.
- Be an expert and a thought leader in your Industry.
- Get your prospects to get connected with you, your products and your services.
- Be Passionate about Sales.
If you think you can, you will. Leaving you with a Poem by Walter D. Wintle.
Poem “The Man Who Thinks He Can”
by Walter D. Wintle
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don’t.
If you’d like to win, but think you can’t
It’s almost a cinch you won’t.
If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow’s will;
It’s all in the state of mind.
If you think you’re outclassed, you are:
You’ve got to think high to rise.
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.
Happy Selling !!