If we study the Psyche of all High Performing Sales Persons, we will be able to understand that there exists many common characteristics. Not all Sales people are born. Some are trained as well. Everything can be learned, practiced, fine-tuned and excelled.
Let’s take a look and find what are the characteristics that sets the High Performing Sales Persons apart:
- Goal oriented [Long term]: Those who have set goals tend to achieve more than those that don’t have any goals.
- Possess Objectives [Short term]: They take series of smaller steps that are measurable, show progress in each step and confidently move towards their Goals.
- Communication: They are great communicators.
- They don’t give up ever. Call it Perseverance, if you will.
- They focus on achievements. They measure time in terms of achievements and not in seconds / minutes. What did you achieve today?
- They qualify customers before spending time and effort. So this is one important trait to learn. If you eliminate the customers who are not going to buy, you are getting closer to those who are going to buy. Ask tough qualifying questions. You will not regret doing this.
- Organizational Politics helps the High Performers and they are naturally the blue eyed boys of the top management. If you cannot sell yourself internally how are you going to sell to your customers?
- Accountability: They are accountable to their Managers and to their Organization.
- They meet the decision makers and work with them.
- They don’t leave anything to chance. No place for any ambiguity.
- They question themselves, why will the customer buy and why from them. They find the answers for these questions.
- They are good at developing rapport.
- They are in control of the situation.
- They are optimistic, enthusiastic and flowing with energy always.
- They are receptive to new ideas.
- They are truly professional.
- They believe in having fun in the process.
- They need to get their adrenaline pumped up before they start working on a project.
- They dominate.
- They always have an emotional appeal.
Learn, imbibe and excel.
Happy Selling !! Happy High Performing !!