What Sales methodologies do you use ?
- Situation, Problem, Implication, Need-Payoff, popularly known as SPIN
- Keeping it Simple, being iNvaluable, Aligning your activities with your Customer’s priorities or SNAP
- Conceptual / Solution Selling
- Consultative Selling
Do you have a proven Sales process ?
The steps right from leads / cold calling / known universe to various sales stages till closure including but not limited to Prospecting, Validating, Needs assessment, Budgeting, Mapping Customers Org Structure, Demonstrating, Proposing, Closing, Following-up is a Sales Process. The question is to ask is: Is your Sales Process proven? Has it delivered the desired results quarter after quarter?
Do you need a CRM [Customer Relationship Management] Software? Why?
- What problems are you trying to solve using a CRM ?
- How are you currently handling sales ?
- Where and how do you find your clients ?
- Why should customers buy from you ?
- What implication will CRM have on your organizational goals ?
- Why is it important for your Organization to think like your customers ?
- Do you know the things you should keep in mind while implementing a CRM ?
- Why is CRM Adoption more important than anything else ?
- Do you know that a CRM can be used for Field Service, Channel or Partner Management or even for Product Management ?
- And it can be used for Banking and Financial Services Sales ? Have you heard of Vertical CRMs ?
Do you understand the power of CRM Analytics or in other words Customer Analytics?
- Why do you think CRM Analytics important ?
- Lead stage to Close – how much time did the Prospect spend at each sales stage
- Activities Vs Deal size – is your salesforce spending time and effort on high value deals
- Weighted Vs Goal, Balanced Vs Goal, Pipeline Overview & Other snapshots
- Forecasting, Forecasting Vs Actuals
- Is 20% of your prospects giving you 80% of your revenue and vice-versa ?
- Have you invested on Customer Analytics ?
- How Dashboard Creation can help you and your Top management ?
- What is the purpose of Campaign Analysis & Customer Segmentation ?
- Why should anyone undertake Trend, What-if & Pipeline Analysis ?
- Are you getting actionable insights from your customer data ?
Sales Training and Motivation:
- When was the last time your Sales Force attended a Training program?
- How often do you train your Sales Force?
- Are they equipped to take your company to the next level?
- Are they motivated enough?
- Who fixes the compensation for your Sales Force?
- What incentives do you give them?
- Do you recognize your best sales persons?
- What plans do you have to continuously educate your Sales Force?
- Is your back end team [Product Management, Delivery Teams] taking regular feedback from your Sales Force?
- Are you occasionally involving your Product / Delivery people to meet prospects and customers along with your Sales Force?
I am sure these questions will help you frame fresh Sales Strategies, Process and Methodology. Spruce-up is not just desired but mandatory for growth.
Happy Selling !!
Pic Courtesy: http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/businessman-agreement-cartoon_774932.htm