Lead Generation and Prospecting are two very important activities for any Organization. These can make or break an Enterprise. In some Organizations, it is the Marketing team that does the lead generation and passes the Marketing Qualified Leads [MQL] over to the Sales team. And sales qualifies these leads before taking it further.
And Sales also does Prospecting. From making cold calls, running a survey, conducting a customer satisfaction audit, asking for customer references, engaging existing clients to warming up prospects who had expressed interest in the past, targeting named accounts, Sales does everything to generate prospects.
Let us take a look at some ways to generate leads:
- LinkedIn Premium or Sales Navigator: You should use it extensively to research, target and find prospects.
- Use your website to generate leads – by implementing SEO, Website optimization, Call to Action forms, giving free Ebooks, useful and educational blogs [like this one]. Just do everything under Inbound Marketing and Content Marketing.
- Webinar Attendees.
- Roadshow – visitors to your stall.
- Power Breakfast meeting attendees.
- Promotional campaign respondents.
- Customer referrals.
- Podcast Attendees.
- Customer Satisfaction Audits.
- Existing Clients.