- StoryTelling is an Art. The good news is that you can learn and become a good storyteller.
- You can inspire & motivate people with Stories.
- With stories, you can engage people well and people will generally flock to you.
- In Sales and in all other functions [more so in sales], it is very important to build your personal brand. And StoryTelling can help build your personal brand.
- It can help in Sales by effectively helping the prospect visualize and connect.
- It helps in communicating your point without explicitly talking about it.
- Syncing of brains or mirroring of brains or in other words neural coupling happens in good storytelling. The listener is able to predict what you will say next. Perfect syncing.
- You make yourself interesting. You are not making some boring presentations to make a sale. Never.
- The idea is to engage the audience in rapt attention. Idea is not to sell. That happens eventually anyway. You sell without actually selling.
- Some ideas for your Stories – your experience in community building from college / university, how a prospect faced problems and what you did to solve them, stories of gut and determination, stories of people who faced adverse conditions yet became hugely successful, how someone won in spite of huge opposition, how somebody helped another person while his/her own condition is helpless, how somebody turned around a loss making company etc.
Happy StoryTelling. For more info, you could also visit: https://bit.ly/2sl38us