Are you reading enough?
If you have to thrive in Sales, you should read, read and read. There are various benefits of reading – improving concentration, reducing stress, enhancing knowledge, building skills in a particular area, improving memory, improving vocabulary, etc. In general, reading is good for everyone. But it is a must for Salespeople. Let us take a look.
How will reading help in Sales?
- You will become a thought leader in your area of specialization.
- Reading will improve your selling skills.
- You can build more broad based skills in your area of work.
- It will help you to articulate well during the Sales Process.
- You will become a great Storyteller.
- Customers will consider talking to you first when they are looking for help.
- You will be able to take the discussion from a transactional level to another level altogether.
- Your personal branding will soar to greater heights.
- You will find newer ways to engage with your customers.
- It will not be an exaggeration, if I then say, Only a voracious reader will win “The Best Sales Person of the Year” award. And you will become great fun to work with!
If there is something that I would like to go back and change in my early sales days, it would be this: To read extensively and make an impact on customers and myself.
What books did you read recently? Share it with us at: sales at zignalytics.com
Photo Credit: Photo by Patrick Tomasso on Unsplash