John Barrows & M. Jeffrey Hoffman conducted the webinar “John Barrows Goes Back to School: Rediscovering the “Art” of #Prospecting” yesterday or today [depending on where you live :)].
I enjoyed it thoroughly. What an energy & insight. Learnt about “Why you? Why you now?” technique to turn cold calls and cold emails to hot ones. How to get them to call you back?
It is important to connect with the C level but start from bottom. Bottom-up approach. That Fedex story is going to stay with me forever.
1. Fake it to yourself until you actually make it.
2. Connecting with the non-buyer first to learn something that you can use when you have the live conversation with the buyer.
3. Prefer live conversations with a non-buyer over email interaction with a buyer. [more relevant now, when all of us are getting thousands of emails]
4. Look for triggers while prospecting.
5. Energy and enthusiasm are important in Sales.
6. Keep yourself busy always.
7. Do not jump on the inbound leads at once. Give it some time before you do that.
8. Do not use all that you have learnt in an MBA when you interact with the C Level.
9. Have the maturity to walk out of a deal early if there is no fit.
10. During discovery & prospecting call, disqualify more than you qualify.
#Happyselling #b2b #sales #salesprocess #changethegame