Once I was pretty late into an Account. The deal was almost signed when I entered.
I couldn’t change it.
Then something happened. I did the unusual.
First, I didn’t walk away. Then, I didn’t give up.
Instead, I kept in touch. I shared some interesting anecdotes from other customers.
Over time, I became the most trusted advisor.
The customer wouldn’t buy anything without consulting me.
He called me one day & reminded me about what I had told him many months ago about how a particular solution could save them money & time. I had almost forgotten about it.
The rest is history.
I closed that deal.
I even sat for a discussion with their ISP & negotiated a good deal for them.
Implemented the solution. The customer realized ROI in no time.
It was a feather in the cap for him internally.
- Never underestimate the potential of any customer.
- Just because you lost a deal, it doesn’t mean you will not win any future deals.
- You can’t win without playing the game.
- If you add value, you will win. [Add value, not tax!]
- Show up every day, deal or no deal.
- Keep rocking, be energetic, smile always. They will like you if you do.
#b2bsales #b2b #changethegame #scienceofsales #prospecting #sales #underdog #marketing #ABM #rapport #kkrocks