If you want to connect with someone you don’t know, here is a tip:
First follow them. They will get a notification that you followed them. They will look at your profile and if they are interested, they will follow you back.
If they follow you back, you know they are interested.
Now, you can send them an invite to connect.
They will not say “I don’t know”, instead they’ll accept your invitation to connect.
I used to see a veteran walking his dog every morning in our neighborhood. First, I saw him. He saw me. Then I smiled at him. He smiled back. This happened for several days. Then we started saying “Hello, Good Morning”.
We then became friends and spoke to each other. He eventually became someone whom I trusted and consulted for advice. He treated me like his son. I treated him like my dad.
He and his wife even visited our home and invited us for their younger son’s wedding.
- It is possible to get to know & network with anyone. Did I say anyone?
- You can sell to complete strangers [who else will you sell to], but make them your friends first.
- Sale happens when there is an exchange of value & reward. Prior to that become likeable.
- People buy from people. They know. And like.
- Whatever we did offline to crack into an Account applies on LinkedIn as well.
#b2b #changethegame #sales #marketing #likeable #network #linkedin #tip