Recently received a connection request on LinkedIn. He wanted help with his job search. My response:
There are a number of companies that are hiring SAP BW.
A sample list: Fractal, SAP, CGI, Infosys, IBM, Intel, Siemens Healthineers, CapGemini, Novo Nordisk, Atos Syntel & Bosch are looking at hiring people like you.
I moved out of Recruitment long ago and have lost all my contacts with the recruitment heads in the industry. However, except SAP none of the above were my clients, ever.
I suggest you get in touch with your friends who work in the above companies & send your CV as an employee referral. There are plenty of jobs out there.
1. Get your CV written professionally. Many of us have the skills but do not know how to write them in a CV.
2. Create a contact list – of your friends, ex-colleagues, ex-bosses, neighbors, relatives or anyone you can think of, who is in IT.
3. Get updated in your field of work. What’s the latest in SAP HANA, BW?
4. What kind of projects are there in the market?
5. What work you would like to do and why?
6 What are you good at or expert at?
7. Ups and downs are common in career. How far we can bounce back will show our strength. Being in the trenches will teach us more than being on a high pedestal. All of us are constantly learning.
Action is the antidote to fear. I read that somewhere.
Best Wishes to you.
Keep me updated after you get your first offer letter. That will be my fuel.
Was it helpful? Did you get any fresh ideas?
If you are searching for a job or are looking out for a change, just know that hiring has picked up steam now and someone is looking out for you.
Happy Job Hunting!!