In a world where people, ask you to double tap for a surprise or copy paste others’ stories or narrate stories about how they gave a job to the most deserving candidate or ask you to click on these icons – “like” or “celebrate” or “support”, if you like working from home or office or both, here is a list of people who genuinely drive engagement on their posts with their insights and tips in their domain.
If you are not following them, you should, depending on your interests.
LinkedIn has released Top Voices 2020 in various categories:
Before I get to that, in today’s world, you exist only if you are in #Instagram, #LinkedIn, #Facebook etc. Right / Wrong?
Couple of things to do:
Post regularly on your subject matter.
Share other people’s insightful posts. [like this one :)]
Like & Share valuable comments on other’s posts. [I encourage you to start with my post :)]
Have a social media playbook.
Have social media goals.
Create a content calendar.
Stay on course.
LinkedIn Social Selling Index is a measure of how effective you are in:
a) establishing your personal brand
b) finding the right people
c) engaging with insights
d) building relationships
B2B buyers like to deal with Sales professionals who have been referred by someone they know or trust. So, it is important to connect with people in your industry and build trust and confidence. They may be referring you to someone they know who might fit your buyer persona.
Here’s my SSI in this pdf. I dropped from a score of 78 to 72 now. This is computed daily.
You can find yours here: https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi
Now is the time to build your personal brand. You are an expert in your field of work. If you want everyone in your field of work to know about you or become popular for the work that you do, then you should start writing.
1. You can write articles on LinkedIn. [Great publishing tool]
2. You can write posts on LinkedIn. [Char limit: 1300]
3. You can have a blog site say www.yourname.com and start blogging.
4. Back links: You can build back links. What’s that, you ask. Other websites carrying your blog site link or even a link to your LinkedIn profile page. Why would they do that? If you write for them, they will allow you to write a small bio and there you can have the link to your company website or personal blog site or simply LinkedIn profile page. Who should you start writing for? That’s a good question to ask. You know better. In your field of work, which organization or association is considered as gold standard? Start writing for them.
5. You can write on Facebook too. You can write in the status update area or write “Notes”. Notes is a great publishing tool as well.
6. What to write about? It can be anything that would help your customers. Think of FAQs. “How to” guides. Customer stories.