The good news is: You can become a great storyteller even if you are not one currently. I will give you the framework & guidelines for the same.
- Have a unique style. And don’t imitate other storytellers.
- People like to hear interesting anecdotes. So, sprinkle some here and there.
- Let the story be original and true. No fiction.
- Pump it with loads of energy. Nobody likes to hear a story that sucks energy.
- Make your audience think, imagine, visualize. May your story cause them to think in terms of pictures.
- Add humour. People like jokes. They forget themselves when they laugh.
- Create a community.
- Give them a peek into your life, your difficulties, how you solved them. Show them that you are human just like them. Connect with them.
- Speak about what you see in everyday life.
- Do not have any theme. But have a message in every session or each story you narrate.
- Don’t get stuck to any ideals. That is utopia. It doesn’t sell.
- Be creative.
- Be bold.
- Don’t be shy. Even if you are shy, it is just fine. Most of us are shy. But that doesn’t have to stop us from becoming a great storyteller.
- There is something unique in the way you see, perceive and think. Speak about that. That will make a great story.
- Try connecting with the local events or the big news of the day or the season.
- Just be you.
- Engage the audience depending on whom you are addressing. In Sales, we call it target segment.
- Don’t reveal the climax too soon. Let your audience get ready for it,
- Deliver value, for sure. You need to do your homework on this.
#sales #storytelling #crm
Contact: sales at zignalytics.com